Ahmedabad Zero Waste Fair 2023
In India, the urban local bodies, popularly known as municipal corporations/councils, are
responsible for the management of activities related to public health. However, with increasing
public and political awareness and new possibilities opened by economic growth, solid
waste management is starting to receive due attention. The various initiatives taken by
the government, NGOs, private companies, and the local public drastically increased in the past few
decades. Still, there is a long way to go, and if it is not solved today, it will adversely affect the efforts of
Global Climate Conservation. Thus, to spread awareness among society about this topic,
Paryavaran Mitra has organized the Ahmedabad Zero waste Fair 2023 for school students.
The main topic will be the Waste Management & Zero Waste Lifestyle (in which, Recycling,
Waste Management System for our city, Sustainable Consumption, Waste Cycle, Individual
Participation for Zero Waste) for the project submission. The Projects from 25 Schools
(Applications from first 25 schools will be accepted) will be invited, and from each school, a team
is to be nominated by the school itself.
Team Guidelines: A team from a school should consist of 5 (Five) students and 1
(One) faculty as a mentor.
– The breakfast and lunch facility will be given to all the participants at the venue by us.
– Top 3 Three projects will be given award and medals.
– All the participants will receive “Certificate of Participation”
– After confirmation, if any project related guidelines needed to the students, our
program coordinators will visit your school and guide students.
– The timings of fair will be 09:00 am to 04:30 pm
Panel of Judges :
– Gujarat Pollution Control Board (GPCB) representative
– Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation (AMC) representative from Solid Waste Department
– Representative from recycler organization
– Collaboration with Gujarat Pollution Control Board and SKUM school
Where: SKUM School, Bh. Doordarshan TV tower, Drive-in Road, Ahmedabad
Audience: Open to the public
Contact Person: Falguni Joshi [email@example.com]